Now, you know how I love to cook, and I love to collect recipe books or recipes which I print off and that love has definitely been passed on to my son and Editor, but I’ve never seen this first recipe, but here goes.
IT’S DOGGIE ICE CREAM.
PEAUT BUTTER AND BANANA DOG ICE CREAM
3-4 RIPE BANANAS
32 oz PLAIN NATURAL YOGHURT
8 OZ ORGANIC PEANUT BUTTER
Put everything in a blender and whizz up until smooth, then put into small portions in the ice tray and freeze. It will last for six months, but that’s left to your personal judgement.
DO NOT USE ANYTHING WITH XYTOL IN PLEASE. IT IS TOXIC TO DOGS.
My family aren’t Vegetarian but this curry is from India and is gorgeous.
8oz grated coconut
1 lb fresh pineapple, peeled and cubed
1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
2 green chillies,
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon oil or butter
Pinch of Mustard seeds
12 Curry Leaves (Optional}
2 Red Chillies (chopped}
Fresh Coriander (Optional}
1/2 tsp Mustard Powder
1/4 teaspoon tumeric
2 teaspoon sugar, depending on the sourness of the Pineapple
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Put half the coconut in a bowl with 4 fl oz warm water and leave aside for 15 minutes. Squeeze out the Coconut Milk. You should get about 31/2 fluid oz.
- Put the Pineapple in a bowl. Mix the marinade ingredients in a small bowl with a little water and pour over the Pineapple. Mix well and leave to marinade for at lease 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a shallow pan and when smoking a lot, add the mustard sees and when they pop add the curry leaves, if using. They will release their fragrance into the oil. After a moment or so add the red chillies, and stir. After a few seconds and before the red chillies turn dark, add the Pineapple Stir Fry for ten minutes.
- Add the pureed coconut and the coconut milk.
- Cook until the preferred texture of the pineapple is reached.
- Garnish with Coriander Leaves and serve with Rice.
- Serve with any breads you like
- I will be the first to say – if you like chips as a side with your Curry – you go for it !!!!!