Every time I publish my newsletter, I like to add a recipe from the part of the world that my novel is set in, so let’s have a look at a recipe shall we?
The first recipe comes from the cafe of the Garden Centre in the Garden Centre Series of Books set in North Wales.
GINGER AND MARMALADE LOAF CAKE
4 1/2 oz butter
31/2 oz dark brown sugar
6 oz self raising flour
4 tbls. milk
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 tblsp orange marmalade
1 orange, zest only
4 bulbs stem ginger, plus 2 tablespoons syrup from jar.
Pre heat oven to Gas 5 Grease and line a 2 lb loaf tin.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs.
3. Mix in half the flour.
4. Add the milk, then the rest of the flour.
5. Stir in the ground ginger, marmalade, syrup, stem ginger which has been chopped and orange zest.
6. Pour into prepared cake tin and bake for 30 – 40 minutes.
7. Leave to cool in tin for ten minutes then turn out onto a wire rack.
This will keep up to a week in an airtight tin
Mike and Mistletoe’s customers love this. If there’s any left after Mike get to it first !